Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On a week of travel

Hello,
This is a late update on the keyboard progress. I've been traveling because of fourth of July weekend, but having settled down a bit today I'll report. Last week I fixed the positioning code, so depending where you type on the screen the keyboard will place itself correctly. Unfortunately, it's so good at hiding right now that the minute the focus is removed from the input device to take a screen shot it goes away :(. So, you'll just have to trust me for now that it moves above the input device if on the bottom half of the screen and vice versa for the top.
Since, Dan had to present the keyboard I also spend a good time cleaning up the general look/functionality of the keys. If you press Ctrl/Alt key by accident now, you can just click again to "release" the key. I also fixed the message tray button, so that it properly shows/hides the message tray when clicked (this deactivates the "hot corner"). Other than that I had some Caribou patches rebased and sent, so that everyone can have this functionality. Although today I did some rebasing with Caribou master, since it had been a while since my last update. Updates can be a little overwhelming at times, but thanks to abstractions (yay!) I only need to change a couple more things to get the keyboard back to where it was.
  
For those of you that pointed out the flaws in the fullscale layout, here is what I have updated to. Still need some work with it, since Caribou made an alignment change, but the buttons are mostly all in the right places now :)

Enjoy the rest of your holiday week!
Nohemi

No comments:

Post a Comment